Title: Sanctuary Gaming
Description: Social Group for gaming of all types: Board, card, RPG etc etc. Each month we’ll have have games which all can join in or bring & play your own.
Start Time: 12:00
End Time: 21:00
Sanctuary Games is going LARGE this bank holiday.
We have both floors of MadLab from 12pm to late!
Top Floor – Werewolf & Resistance
- A simple game for a large group of people (seven or more.) It requires no equipment besides some bits of paper; you can play it just sitting in a circle. It could be called a party game, except that it’s a game of accusations, lying, bluffing, second-guessing, assassination, and mob hysteria.”
- The Resistance
- A game where players attempt to deduce one another’s identities. The setting of the game is an imagined battle between a resistance group trying to overthrow the malignant government and the government spies infiltrating the resistance group. It is similar in structure to party games such as Mafia and Werewolf, where a small, secret group of informed players attempt to disrupt a larger uninformed group, while the larger group attempts to identify the spies and eliminate them. The Resistance uses slightly different mechanics from similar games, and was designed to avoid player elimination and increase available information for player decisions.
Downstairs – Board games of all varieties
- Ticket to Ride
- A railway-themed German-style board game designed by Alan R. Moon and published in 2004 by Days of Wonder.
- A card game, played with a specially designed deck. It is different from most other card games, in that the rules and the conditions for winning are altered throughout the game, via cards played by the players.
- King of Tokyo
- Play as mutant monsters, gigantic robots, and other aliens – all of whom are happily whacking each other in a joyous atmosphere in order to become the one and only King of Tokyo.
- Smash Up
- The “shufflebuilding” game Smash Up starts with a simple premise: Take the twenty-card decks of two factions, shuffle them into a forty-card deck, then compete to smash more Bases than your opponents! Each faction brings a different game mechanism into play – pirates move cards, zombies bring cards back from the discard pile, dinosaurs have huge power – and every combination of factions brings a different play experience.
- Insert YOUR game here
- We’re a friendly group, if you have a game you wish to play, bring it along and show it off
In addition to the games listed we have a whole plethora of games ready to be played (too many to list)
Are you ready to play?
Tags: Sanctuary Gaming Night